Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pippi Connections - Chapter 2

0 Comments






One connection I made to Chapter 2 is when Pippi is being a Thing-Finder, because I like finding things too. On page 27, Pippi says a Thing-Finder is “someone who hunts for things, naturally.” She also says, “the whole world is full of things, and somebody has to look for them.” Like Pippi, I like hunting for things because it’s fun and you never know what you might find. - Andrew


I related to Pippi when she got into a fight with the bullies and said "you are cowards." At my school in Wisconsin there was always one boy in particular who would bully everyone, including me. He tried to act like he was tough but I knew he wasn't. I thought he was a coward because was he was scared to get told on so he would threaten kids. He would threaten them by saying he would punch them or beat them up. - Vivian



A connection I made in chapter two is how Annika and Tommy enjoy going to Pippi's house. This is similar to going to a friend's house, which I also enjoy. The texts states on page 24, " 'I knew, even while I was sleeping, that something exciting was going to happen today, but I didn't remember what it was'..." This explains Tommy is excited about going to Pippi's house. - Ember


Excellent connections, students! I love the way you used a quote directly from the text to support your response. Keep it up! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment