Saturday, November 16, 2013

Diary of a Wimpy Fan

4 Comments


Now that I've gotten to know the kiddos in my class, there is one thing I know for sure...

Many of them enjoy Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid books as much as I do. 

When asked if they've read a good book lately, the answer is usually Wimpy Kid. This is a great series for reluctant readers and definitely a hit with boys. I'm not sure if it's the silly cast of characters, the storyline, or the hilarious illustrations, but these books are hard to put down!


For those fans out there... Book 8 is here! I just found Hard Luck at Costco for $7.99 (you may have to look through a giant stack of Wimpy's before finding it!). I brought it home and my boys were extremely excited* to add it to our collection (above).

*I actually think they 'squealed with glee' at the sight of it. 


There are also fun games based on the series. My favorite is Don't Scramble the Egg, which is a fun category/brainstorming/coordination game that parents will like too!

I have one more tidbit of information for the Wimpy fans out there... check out the Jeff Kinney and Wimpy Kid Club websites. You can find information about the books, the author, games, and even a place to wimp yourself.

For example, here is a wimpy Mrs. Sol...

If you decide to wimp yourself, be sure to send it to me! I would love to see a wimpy version of my class. Hee hee.


Happy reading 
and (as much as you may want to)...


4 comments:

payton November 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

i love this serise its super funny

payton November 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM

this is a funny book

Andrew November 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I liked the Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw. I liked it because it was funny and it was very entertaining.

Anonymous November 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My favorite ''wimpy kid'' book is THE UGLY TRUTH.


amayaspengler

Post a Comment