Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Elementary Memories

0 Comments

I was asked to share this idea, so here goes...

My oldest graduated from elementary school last month, which is both exciting and unbelievable! Where did those six years go in such a hurry? I have to admit that I enjoyed every minute of every grade right along with him. What a wonderful group of teachers! Lucky kid.

We wanted to give him a special gift on this milestone occasion, which is easier said than done. Luckily, I had a bazillion photos of field trips, school events, parties, classmates, teachers... and every first day of school.

I decided to create a personal photo yearbook for him. You can have books like this printed through online sites that vary in price and quality. I created mine through Costco, which was easy and only cost $32 for 60 pages.






I also photographed and scanned a few of his class projects from each grade to have everything cataloged and in one place. Then, I left the last two pages blank for staff signatures...



I gave myself enough time to have it printed a few weeks before the promotion ceremony, so that I could have all of his teachers sign it.  Their messages are beautiful and make the book extremely special!



As a teacher, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. I find myself looking through the photo pages and reminiscing to an almost nerdy degree. 

(Hey teachers and room parents! It would also be fun to make a class yearbook for families to purchase or to auction off at the end of the school year.)

Middle school, here we come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment